A. Put in a, an or some in the blanks.
e.g. an egg
B. Underline the correct word.
1. (Us, We) are going to watch the film ‘Transformer’ tonight.
2. Tonny has lost the watch that (he, she) likes most.
3. This is a secret between you and (I, me).
4. The teacher asked David and Alex Jelian, “Have (you, us) finished the work?”
5.Francis has a cat. He takes (it, them) for a walk every morning.
6. James and I have not eaten anything since (we, they) left our school this afternoon.
7. (They, Them) were good friends in their school days.
8. Those are the oranges that she brought (us, we).
9. Madam Josephine is a teacher. (He, She) teaches us Iban Language.
10. My name is Michelle. (Me, I) come from Nanga Tada.
C. Name the things in kitchen below.
C. Fill in with the correct word.
This is an (1) recipe that anyone
(2) prepare. It is a
First heat the (4) in the (5).
Add the mushrooms, (6) and (7).
(8) for two minutes and add the rice.
(9) it well. You (10) get it wrong!
D. Write the sentences in the correct order.
He sat down on the chair.
7. the/In/it is/summer/hot
8. bath/twice/I/my pet/a week/dog
9. In my/I/living room/have/sofa/a set of
10.watching/TV/I like/every night
11. dancer ? /you /are/ a/ is
12. architect . /she /a /is/ an
13. are /we /Scottish. /a
14. I /police? /can /pass /the /phone/ to
15. bus /driver? /Henry /a /is
16. can't /Bob /play /guitar. /the
17. mobile /Frank /at the moment /checking/ is /Tim’s
18. must /you /the /shopping /do
19. sometimes /home /in the evening /works /Ben /at
20. go /every /to the club /the girls /Saturday
E. Underline the correct word. The first one (0) has been done for you.
Lions live in families. They are the second (0) larger/largest (large) big cat
species in the world. The males are (1) bigger/biggest () than the females and
they have (2) longer/longest ()
hair on their heads. Most lions live in southern
Africa. Tigers live in forests. Some tigers are
(3) bigger/biggest () than lions. Tigers
are rare in the wild because people hunt them for their fur. Leopards and jaguars are
very similar, but leopards live in Africa and Asia and jaguars live in central South America.
Leopards are (4) smaller/smallest () than jaguars.
However, leopards are the (5) stronger/strongest ()
climbers among big cats. Jaguars have (6) longer/longest ()
tails. Snow leopards are the (7) rarer/rarest () big cats.
People hunt them for their fur. They live in high mountains. Cheetahs are
the (8) faster/fastest () animals.
They are well known for their hunting as they are (9) quicker/quickest () than
any land mammal. Cheetahs also have very good eyesight, which makes the spotting of prey
(10) easier/easiest ().
F. Fill in with the correct antonyms.
e.g.: It is very cold in winter.
It is very hot in summer.